This slow cooker hot chocolate recipe is oh so good and oh so easy! Your kids will love to help make and drink this delicious Black and White Crockpot Hot Cocoa inspired by a favorite Starbucks hot chocolate drink we order all the time.
Have you ever ordered a Black and White Hot Chocolate from Starbucks? Starbucks version of our crockpot hot chocolate is on their secret menu. Ours is below and you won’t want to keep it a secret either! The sweet and creamy hot chocolate taste can be kept warm for hours in the slow cooker making this perfect for holiday evenings with friends and relatives.
Related: Check out our big list of hot chocolate recipes kids love
This post includes affiliate links.
Let’s make hot chocolate in the crockpot!
Easy Crockpot Hot Chocolate Recipe
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate: Black and White Hot Chocolate Starbucks Copycat Recipe is simple, delicious, and great for serving a crowd.
Related: Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate Recipe is easy to make too
Whether you’re trimming the Christmas tree, coming in from playing in the snow, or just craving a warm comforting treat; this hot chocolate recipe is sure to satisfy.
Fire up that crockpot and sip on this delicious treat.
How to Make Hot Chocolate in a Crockpot
Turn slow cooker to low and add all ingredients at once. <–Told you this would be easy!
Cook for 2 hours, be sure to stir occasionally.
Once all of the chocolate is melted and it’s nice and hot, turn your slow cooker to warm and taste.
Add more sugar if you like it extra sweet.
This Crock pot hot chocolate is my absolute favorite. Rich, hot, creamy, yum!
Serve Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
Serve with lots of whipped cream or marshmallows!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 10 minutes
- 8 cups of whole milk (one half gallon)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Optional for serving: Whipped Cream or Marshmallows
- Turn slow cooker to low and add all ingredients.
- Cook for 2 hours, be sure to stir occasionally.
- Once all of the chocolate is melted and it’s nice and hot, turn your slow cooker to warm and taste. Add more sugar if you like it extra sweet.
- Serve with lots of whipped cream or marshmallows!
More Hot Chocolate Recipes For Drinks And Treats:
It is sure to be your go-to beverage this winter, in fact I wouldn’t host a holiday party without it! And since it’s made in the slow cooker it stays nice and warm.
Related: All these yummy hot chocolate ideas go great with our big list of Christmas cookies
How did your crockpot hot chocolate recipe turn out?